Going through a separation or divorce can be emotionally taxing. Your emotions feel up one minute and down the next. Even though you are going through the ups and downs emotionally, there still are things that you must physically do.
Separation and divorce requires certain transitions that are inevitable. Two incomes may become one. One income may now be none. Someone has to move out. If there are children involved, there may need to be co-parenting arrangements set and court dates and attorneys may need to be contacted.
Even though the emotions are overtaking you, you still have to take care of the business pieces of divorce. It may be tough but very necessary.
I just want to encourage you to begin to think about your future, and the necessities that must be done.
Here are a few tips on what you may need to do:
- Gather all financial statements/documents
- Switch necessary accounts that need to be in your name only. Ie; cell phone
- Rent a PO Box to secure privacy for important mail
- Check your credit report
- Open a savings/checking acct in your name only if you don’t have one.
- Schedule co-parenting agreement/calendar
You are more than capable. Be encouraged.